Maxwell Hodge
For all enquiries, please call free on 0800 6946 660 or call your local office
Text Size      A - A - A

Flying the flag for families

Our first class legal team is specifically designed to give
you and your family the complete service, with
strength, support and efficiency throughout.

Court of Protection

If a loved one has lost their mental capacity and is unable to manage their day to day affairs it will be necessary for a family member, friend or professional adviser to make an application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a Deputy.

A Deputy is appointed by the Court of Protection to manage the financial affairs of a person who is unable to deal with their own affairs.

The application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a Deputy is a complicated process and it usually takes several months to complete.  There are numerous lengthy forms to complete which can be a daunting task.

We would be happy to assist you through the process or deal with the application to the Court of Protection on your behalf.

It is important to remember that anybody who is appointed as a Deputy will need to devote a significant amount of time on a regular basis dealing with the financial affairs of another.  On the appointment of a Deputy the Court of Protection will closely monitor the Deputy's actions and request that detailed accounts be delivered on an annual basis.  It is therefore vital that a Deputy keeps all bank statements and a record of all payments made.

The preparation of the annual accounts can be a difficult and daunting task.  We offer a service to assist you with the preparation of the annual account to help to alleviate some of the stress and pressure from such a demanding role.

For further information or advice on your individual circumstances please contact one of our Solicitors who will be happy to help.